United States, Pennsylvania, Reading
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
AkzoNobel Boilerplate - North America version
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
• Oversees the manufacturing of products according to specifications, to meet business objectives.
• Plans, coordinates and controls production related activities at the site to meet objectives and budgets with regard to HSE, quality, service and cost. Contributes to successful product and volume reallocations.
• Co-develops and executes plans related to improving HSE, quality, service and costs in conjunction with the Site Management Team.
• Participates in the definition & execution (where relevant) of investments for production related activities and equipment.
• Works with RD&I to enable New Product Initiatives, of which product responsibility is accepted from RD&I after three successful batches.
• Leads and ensures Daily Operational Review are conducted effectively and day-to-day problems are solved and contained.
• Enables and contributes to the implementation of Continuous Improvement activities & programs for HSE, Quality, ALPS or other as may be assigned from time to time. Is familiar and complies with all the applicable corporate as well as site and laboratory policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct, HSE and Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs (PSRA) standards.
Main Management Responsibilities:
• Adheres to all AkzoNobel Life Saving Rules and Golden Principle.
• Understand and comply with all ISO Standards I
• Ownership of departmental training Process.
• Leader of ALPS for department
• Ownership of applicable plant KPI’s
• Directly lead 3 shift supervisors over a 3-shift manufacturing operation.
• Inspires commitment to AkzoNobel’s purpose, vision, strategy, core principles, values and leadership behaviors.
• Acts as an ambassador and creates an open environment in which the team as a whole and its members individually can perform at their best.
• Stimulates, manages and follows through on employee engagement and builds on the workforce to reflect the societies and markets in which we do business (D&I).
• Ensures that job profiles are in place, sets objectives for team members, reviews development and provides clear, open and constructive feedback on performance combined with the appropriate actions.
• Strengthens the talent pipeline by developing talent and regularly assesses and discusses talent and internal movement. Continuously monitors and evaluates retention risk.
• Ensures reporting line is fully informed and acts in line with HSE and Compliance regulations.
• Manages and plans relevant budgets and proactively manages costs.
• Reports on progress on a continuous basis.
• Interact and support all other departments – Engineering, HSE, Quality Control, Shipping Purchasing, Customer Service etc.
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time