United States, Tennessee, Nashville
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including International, Interpon, Sikkens and Chemcraft – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. In North America, we’ve been producing innovative, high-performance coatings since 1888. Today, you can find AkzoNobel’s products supporting industries ranging from aerospace to consumer electronics, infrastructure, transportation, home décor, furniture and marine vessels. With a regional headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, AkzoNobel’s North America operation includes 3,500 employees at more than 30 manufacturing sites, technology labs and business offices. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Under the supervision of the Production Supervisor, ensures proper running and cleaning of production equipment in the manufacture of powder coatings.
KEY OBJECTIVES/PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
ALL PRODUCTION EMPLOYEES
- Packaging and palletizing of finished product into boxes, drums, gaylords, and supersacks from 15 lb to 2000 lbs.
- Loads and blends dry materials.
- Samples raw materials and/or finished good. Records batch variables and logs data.
- Must be able to operate forklift and floor scrubber.
- Must be able to operate grinder and extruder production lines. Will replace dust collector filters on grinders.
- Must be able to clean grinders, extruders, testing equipment and charging equipment. Will perform additional general housekeeping.
- Performs duties according to ISO 14001 procedures and environmental requirements.
- Performs all work safely and injury-free. Must actively participate in improving department and plant safety performance.
- Attends and participates in Warsaw Plant Programs/Committees/Training as required such as Department Safety, Plant Safety, Behavioral Safety, Housekeeping Audit Teams, ISO, Life Saving Rules or any other safety programs.
- Participates in the Nashville Safety Journey. Adheres to the Golden Principle which is simply to intervene to stop work if conditions or behavior are unsafe.
WEIGH UP OPERATORS:
- Wash totes
- Charge product
- Weigh up critical raws
- Sample room (pre-mix)- Extrude/grind/sieve sample and obtain QC analysis for testing.
- Stage raw materials for batches per batch tickets
- Record data
- Transport totes to blender/blend/sample
- Must possess basic mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to determine screw profile for product as determined on batch ticket or run history by interacting with extruder operator on previous shift.
- Ability to determine cleanliness of machine.
- Wash and clean totes.
- Transport totes of QC approved material to upper level mezzanine.
- Extrude product – adjust feed rate to allow maximum capacity per product specification.
- Transport tote to Post-Add station if necessary.
- Transport extruded product to ACM staging area.
- Grind totes in sequence to minimize contamination at leadperson’s request.
- Must determine cleanliness of machine prior to running product by interacting with previous shift ACM operator.
- Transport tote of approved flake, run a contamination, sieve check and pull sample for QC.
- Make adjustments as necessary, re-clean machine if contaminated.
- Perform particle size analysis – adjust if necessary (every 18 boxes).
- Pull samples as required for QC (every 27 boxes).
AUTO PACK OPERATOR:
- Monitor operation of Auto Packaging System
- Monitor case erector
- Ensure case erector is equipped with:- Boxes
- Material in bag inserter
- Ties for bag closer
- Ensure case sealer has tape
- Transport full skids, stretch wrap and move to finished goods staging area.
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months experience in manufacturing, warehouse, or construction environment.
- Experience operating a tow motor.
- Ability to lift 55 pounds several times/daily.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to interface with AkzoNobel personnel in a confidential manner.
- Basic math skills.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V).