Sweden, Skåne, Malmö
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Akzo Nobel in Malmö produces paint and coatings for the industrial (B2B), professional and consumer market. The annual volume is 65 million liters, produced in 8 different departments. The site also hosts two distribution centers. The total building area on site is 70 000 m2. Business units as well as Nordic support functions are also located at the site. There are 650 people in total working in Malmö.
As a Process Safety Engineer you will be an influential advisor to our line management by building and fostering a deep understanding of the theoretical concepts, industry standards and best practices in Process Safety Management (PSM). You will be responsible for coaching the site by leveraging and extending its HSE and PSM knowledge. You are also responsible for managing and benchmarking PSM process knowledge internally and externally and working with identifying expertise solutions from outside our own site.
In the position as Process Safety Engineer you are responsible for areas such as:
- Build line management understanding of Process Safety Management processes
- To define the site processes and procedures related to PSM
- Coach line management in implementation of these processes and procedures
- Ensure regulatory compliance within PSM
- Guide line organisation to develop and ensure implementation of HSE and PSM policies, procedures, plans and practices in line with the AkzoNobel and regulatory requirements
- Manage interfaces with all external and internal stakeholders within PSM
- Provide practical and valuable advise to the line organisation within PSM
- Drive site generic activities and initiatives within PSM
- Contribute to the development and implementation of HSE plans and achievement of targets
- Participate and lead risk assessments for projects and modification, e.g. HazOp
- Act as a role model as we move from compliance to commitment-based safety
- Work actively to identify and implement improvement opportunities
- Find ways to integrate ALPS (AkzoNobel Leading Performance System) and PSM/HSE
May 13, 2019
Integrated Supply Chain
Health, Safety & Environment
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
To be successful in this position you will need at least 4-5 years working experience. You have a master’s degree in engineering (preferable mechanical) or equivalent. You have good planning and organizing skills and you must be able to communicate in English and Swedish on a professional level, written as spoken. Excellent skills within the Office Package and Excel are required as well as experience from a maintenance system, such as SAP-PM. Experience from Process Industry is an advantage.
As a person we expect you to be flexible, pragmatic and able to drive changes and to take the overall ownership of the function. You also have a strong drive to develop and challenge the business. You are communicative, able to work cross functionally with a high engagement and with a service minded approach.
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
If you share our values and ambitions, we can offer you a career where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with many possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally. You will be offered interesting and challenging projects and you will be working with likeminded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm.
By working for AkzoNobel you will also help us to achieve our ambition – to be the first choice by our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world
This is a permanent position on a full time basis, reporting to the Site HSE manager. Please apply via our online recruitment system. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact Elisabet Haraldsdottir, Talent Resourcing Partner, phone +46 703 50 17 99.
For Union related questions:
Unionen: Jörgen Dahlgren +46 708-355249
Ledarna: Boris Parezanovic +46 708 35 52 55
“We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment”
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.