Netherlands, North Holland, Amsterdam
Business unit: Finance, IM and GBS
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
An exciting opportunity to play a key role in the ongoing success of a leading global organization
Applying the highest standards of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) across our organization is essential if AkzoNobel is to retain its status as global leader in its field. Within this context, your mission in this role is to act as a partner for commercial functional controllers and business unit (BU) or regional controllers. In doing so you improve financial planning, control and analysis and provide valuable support for decision-making. As such this represents an extremely interesting and influential opportunity for candidates with a track record of delivering high value analysis.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a proactive team player with advanced analytical skills and the ability to analyze, organize, summarize and articulate complex financial information for decision making? Have you acquired the experience necessary to draw conclusions and propose solutions based on your own interpretation of data? Can you embody a
strong drive to ‘get things done’ in an environment with multiple internal stakeholders? Above all, can you make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the role of
BU FP&A Analyst
The role and its responsibilities
This position is based at Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Your core task is to provide commercial functions with analytical support, timely and relevant financial analysis related to ongoing business/functional results, and ad-hoc analysis. This requires you to perform a wide range of detailed tasks within a number of activity areas:
Reporting and analytical support
You help to drive long and mid-term business planning for Regional and local Commercial/ISC controllers and functional controllers. Thus you:
Extract financial data from various accounting and information systems and perform financial analyses of business/function figures;
- Interpret financial data to determine past performance and/or to project the financial probability and/or to provide insights;
- Develop financial reports for forecasting, trending, actual results and variance/trend analysis;
- Contribute to and execute Performance Management process;
- Act as sparring partner to functional controller and regional business heads and support and coach junior analysts.
This is a core AkzoNobel process and you:
- Drive standardization of reports and processes across the function to gain efficiency;
- Drive the elimination, simplification, standardization and automation of outputs;
- Share best practice among the team and across countries/regions.
You work closely with a number of internal parties:
- Functional controlling;
- Commercial controlling in the BU/region/country/cluster;
- ISC controlling in the BU/region/country/cluster;
- Regional FP&A analysts and the Global Reporting and Analytics team
June 14, 2019
Finance, IM and GBS
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- To apply for this position you must possess the following attributes:
Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business, or equivalent;
- 7+ years of experience as an analyst or controller in a business environment and/or functional area;
- A powerful understanding of FP&A from a global perspective;
- Able to act as a change agent and drive standardization processes across BUs;
- Strong HFM, ERP and BI systems experience, along with experience of building automated reports and models;
- Demonstrable experience in helping junior analysts to grow and develop;
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills, including the ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary, you can expect excellent terms of employment including group insurance, 8% holiday allowance, travel allowance and an above industry standard number of vacation days. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via our website www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 190001CD. Please note that applications sent by mail will not be considered. If you have any question, please feel free to contact Allan Sedney, Talent Resourcing Partner, phone +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An employment screening will be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.