United States, Tennessee, Nashville
Business unit: Paints and Coatings
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
We’re a leading supplier of paints & coatings with strong product technologies and brands. Our high-quality products are used by customers across the world to protect and enhance everything from ships, cars, aircraft, yachts and architectural components (structural steel, building products, flooring) to consumer goods (mobile devices, appliances, beverage cans, furniture) and oil and gas facilities. Major brands include Awlgrip, International, Interpon and Sikkens.
Our Automotive & Specialty Coatings Business Unit is a leading supplier of products, color technology and state-of-the-art customer services for automotive refinishing and commercial vehicle and rail original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and repair. Our global Sikkens Premium brand has high quality products and services, and a position in emerging markets. We are leaders and innovators in digital color.
Key Objectives of the Job
Our Account Manager position is the frontline sales person responsible for the execution of agreed sales and profitability targets established by the business group within the assigned sales area by acquiring new business and maintaining existing customers.
- Manage a portfolio of customers, in a designated area, to execute sales plan.
- Systematically screen customer base for new opportunities, generates leads and maintains pipeline.
- Identify, plan and develop new customers in line with business development plans/targets.
- Provide appropriate and agreed levels of contact, service and support to ensure sales targets are met.
- Monitor sales against agreed targets on a regular basis to ensure they are met and where necessary the need for remedial actions are identified, reported and implemented.
- Plans own visit schedule in line with agreed customer service levels for that customer segment. Coordinates visit schedule with the assigned Technical Service Representative.
- Manage sales support activities in designated area.
- Collects, reports and analyzes the customer feedback / information on present as well as future market trends in the context of possible further market penetration.
- Identifies, targets and implements the approved sales strategies in the assigned marketplace.
- Promotes the positive company image and develops long-term relations with the customers.
December 31, 2099
Paints and Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- High School Diploma required; College degree preferred
- 3+ years of sales experience with vehicle collision repair industry or related automotive field required
- Prior distribution channel sales experience preferred
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Critical thinking, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Active learning, understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making. Strong technical knowledge of powder coatings for automotive.
- Good computer skills including customer relationship management CRM software, internal database and Microsoft Office
- Requires a valid driver’s license and approximately 20%-30% travel
- Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)
Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we have approximately 46,000 people in around 80 countries, while our portfolio includes well-known brands such as Sikkens, International, Interpon, Eka and Chemcraft. AkzoNobel creates everyday essentials to make people's lives more livable and inspiring. As a leading global Paints and Coatings Company; consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do. Backed by a pioneering heritage, our innovative products and sustainable technologies are designed to meet the growing demands of our fast-changing planet, while making life easier.