China, Shanghai, Shanghai
Business unit: Legal
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
- Efficiently and effectively provide legal supports to different BUs and Functions in North Asia Region.
- Actively participate in the planning, structuring and implementing the legal function’s support of AkzoNobel’s business growth initiatives in North Asia.
- Implement AkzoNobel’ s merger, acquisition, joint venture and divestiture strategy in North Asia and work closely with other related functions, e.g. Tax, Finance, Treasury, Environmental/HSE and Employment.
- Develop strong hands-on experience and working relationships with business partners at all levels of the AkzoNobel Group.
- Actively communicate and follow up on obligations and opportunities arising in connection with M&A project as well as other commercial transactions.
- Litigation/Claims/Government Investigation: Initiate, defend and settle claims, demands and litigation throughout China; monitor compliance with the claims policy and procedures and progress of court, employment tribunal, arbitration proceedings, and other regulatory investigation in order to limit AkzoNobel’s exposure to legitimate and enforceable claims.
- Employment Issues: Advice management on laws affecting hiring, dismissal, redundancy, disciplinary actions, compensation, benefits and training of AkzoNobel staff; work with HR to draft and/or review human resources policies and manuals.
- Contract Review and Negotiation: Monitor and improve process for contract development and maintenance; balance and minimize risks, gain greater commercial benefits and ensure company is protected legally.
- Basic IP knowledges: review IP agreements, IP provisions in commercial agreements and basic trade secret support.
- Training: Conduct training of employees in North Asia from legal perspective.
- Others related to legal matters in AkzoNobel Group.
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Strong Chinese law qualification, admission to P.R.C. Bar.
- Fluent in Chinese + English and ability to draft and communicate in both languages.
- At least 10 years PQE in a leading local/international law firm or in-house role in the PRC with a multinational corporation.
- Solid track record of corporate/commercial project experience, esp. M&A transactions, integrations, restructuring, competition law and/or HSE.
- Top-tier Law School graduate in China; overseas legal education / working experience an advantage.