United States, Illinois, Waukegan
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
This position is responsible for the manufacture of liquid coatings using coating manufacturing equipment in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures to achieve the highest level of efficiency and productivity. This position also requires the filling of products from manufacturing vessels to required containers as stated on the batch ticket for internal use and/or to sell to customers.
· Filter and fill containers as required from the information on a batch ticket, as directed by a supervisor, or by the Standard Operating Procedure.
· Set up the necessary filtering/filling equipment per SOP.
· Follow Quality Control instructions for cleanliness checks and sampling.
· Collect appropriate containers to fill batch, checking all containers for cleanliness.
· Label appropriate containers as required from information on batch ticket.
· Complete the required paperwork (filling checklist, move slip, equipment check list, fill tickets, etc.)
· Responsible for making adds to liquid coatings
· Sampling and testing of product
· Completion of paperwork associated with process
· Maintain acceptable level of cleanliness
· Manage hazardous waste in their work area
· Comply with all HSE policies.
· Responsible for working with co-worker to keep work areas clean and organized.
· Collect and dispose of recycle items.
· Prepares panels in accordance with the batch ticket test page. Operates color spectrophotometer and makes visual comparisons of panels versus customer standards to calculate adjustments to achieve color approval of production batches.
· Performs product testing to internal and/or external specifications and other tests as required on batch test page and/or QC test card.
· Records performance and process data as specified on the batch ticket and as required by quality assurance. Exercises a high degree of judgment concerning the quality of the batch based upon test results, established procedures and personal experience
· Maintains accurate records of materials, quantities, and lot numbers used during / shading process
· Operates Automated Dispensing Unit. This operation includes the entry of formulas into the ADU computer, color verification; adjustments for color and dispensing finished products into containers.
· Obtains necessary raw materials from warehouse and maintains accurate inventory locations and quantities.
· Conducts various tests including, but not limited to, viscosity, gloss, hardness, weight per gallon, non-volatile content, cleanliness, adhesion, paint film properties and dry film properties. Preparation of panels for immersion testing and performing the required mechanical testing upon the completion of the immersion period. Review and record all test results into all required document for traceability
· Tests of raw materials and finished products, using instrumental analytical techniques (ie. infrared spectroscopy, gas chromatography, refractive indices, Karl Fisher analysis, etc.)
· Receives, checks and discusses the requirements and specifications of the finished products and evaluates manufactured products in relation thereto.
· Approves or rejects materials being produced, taking whatever corrective measures necessary to hold rejections to a minimum.
· Prepares and evaluates pre-shipment samples.
· Assists in special projects for the department as required.
· Other duties as assigned
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
· HS Diploma/GED
· No experience necessary but preferred
· Good communication skills
· Mechanical skills
· Must pass a color test