Netherlands, North Holland, Amsterdam
Business unit: Finance, IM and GBS
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Bring your high-level management reporting (SAP COPA/BW) and project management skills to a global finance initiative
AkzoNobel’s Group Control Department relies on the highest levels of global support for financial systems and modules (SAP FICO modules along with other finance applications). In order to further improve this capability, Group Control is currently building a new Business Intelligence (BI) capability based a.o. on SAP COPA.
Within this context, your mission in this role is to help us achieve this by driving the Finance IT roadmap for the global BI Systems in relation to finance applications for management reporting (currently mainly SAP BW). In doing so you ensure alignment with business requirements and translate business processes into financial processes and accounting treatments (“functional design”).
As such, this is an exciting position which also requires powerful process development, project management and analytical skills as you form an essential part of a team that is committed to global excellence and innovation.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a positive and results-focused professional with high level knowledge of management accounting, management reporting and financial reporting? Can you handle complexity, ask questions, and challenge people and processes in a positive manner? Are you enthusiastic, motivated and eager to learn and perform? Above all, do you have what it takes to make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the position of
Finance Systems Expert – Business Intelligence
The role and its responsibilities
This high-profile and fascinating position is based at our large site at Sassenheim, the Netherlands, but you will travel globally for 25% of your time. SAP is the most commonly used tool, but other finance applications are also used.
This requires you to:
- Manage the functional process design for SAP BW & SAP COPA (and future business intelligence applications);
- Manage standardization of financial master-data within BW & COPA;
- Manage the governance with regard to SAP BW & COPA changes and projects and manage the impact of changes and projects of other systems impacting BW due to system integration;
- Manage process report standardization in BW & COPA and make proposals for a continuous improvement agenda;
- Review and approve BW & COPA change requests impacting the functional process design as well as master data changes;
- Embed the BW & COPA process design in the organization and ensure an in-depth knowledge transfer to key-users (train-the-trainer concept).
At all times you seek to fulfill AkzoNobel’s continuous improvement agenda by driving improvement recommendations and plans (standardization, harmonization, effectiveness, efficiency) including interfaces to/from connecting systems.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary, you can expect excellent terms of employment. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via our website www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 1900024L. Please note that applications sent by mail will not be considered. If you have any question, please feel free to contact Michiel Paes, Talent Acquisition Partner, phone +31 (0)6 -46636997, or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
September 30, 2019
Finance, IM and GBS
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
To apply for this position you must possess all of the following attributes:
- Master’s degree in Economics or similar and at least 7 years of relevant working experience;
- High level knowledge of SAP COPA & SAP BW as well as management reporting is a must;
- High level knowledge of SAP FICO is highly preferred, as is knowledge on planning processes and tooling;
- Able to manage relationships at all levels of BU/regional management, corporate Finance departments, corporate IM (esp. Solution Architects and application managers), Global Business Services, etc;
- A drive for continuous improvement and strong change management capabilities;
- The strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work in international, multi-cultural and cross-functional teams, including fluent written and spoken English.