Netherlands, North Holland, Amsterdam
Business unit: Finance, IM and GBS
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Bring high-level financial reporting (HFM) and project management skills to a global improvement program for a leading organization
AkzoNobel’s Group Control Department relies on the highest levels of global support for financial systems and modules (SAP FICO modules along with other finance applications like HFM). In order to further improve this capability, we have embarked on a wide-ranging and determined program to further improve this capability.
Within this context, your mission in this role is to manage the design for financial processes and data objects in the global consolidation and reporting systems, ensuring alignment with the Global Process Design for R2R. In particular you manage the functional design of HFM. On an ongoing basis you make proposals for a continuous improvement agenda, participate in changes and improvements to the consolidation and reporting systems.
As such, this is an exciting position for a true consolidation & reporting expert with in-depth HFM knowledge. It also requires powerful process development, project management and analytical skills as you form an essential part of a team that is committed to global excellence and innovation.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a positive and results-focused professional with high level knowledge of IFRS, accounting and financial reporting? Can you handle complexity, ask questions, and challenge people and processes in a positive manner? Are you enthusiastic, motivated and eager to learn and perform? Above all, do you have what it takes to make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the position of
Finance Systems Expert – Consolidation & Reporting
The role and its responsibilities
This high-profile and fascinating position is based at our large site at Sassenheim, the Netherlands, but you will travel globally for 25% of your time. SAP is the most commonly used tool, but other finance applications are also used.
Your core task is to act as a high-level HFM expert, leading and performing all HFM-related functional design activities. Thus you:
- Drive the Finance IT roadmap in relation to finance applications for consolidation and reporting (currently HFM);
- Manage the standardization of processes and financial master-data within HFM;
- Manage the governance with regard to HFM changes and projects as well as changes and projects of other systems impacting HFM due to system integration;
- Review and approve change requests impacting the functional process design as well as master data changes;
At all times you seek to fulfill AkzoNobel’s continuous improvement agenda by driving improvement recommendations and plans (standardization, harmonization, effectiveness, efficiency) including interfaces to/from connecting systems.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary, you can expect excellent terms of employment. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via our website www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 1900024P. Please note that applications sent by mail will not be considered. If you have any question, please feel free to contact Michiel Paes, Talent Acquisition Partner, phone +31 (0)6- 46636997, or mail email@example.com.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
September 22, 2019
Finance, IM and GBS
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
To apply for this position you must possess all of the following attributes:
- Master’s degree in Economics or similar and at least 7 years of relevant working experience;
- High level knowledge of HFM is a must;
- High level knowledge of FDMEE, MerlinXL, SAP GR, SAP BPC, SAP FICO is highly preferred as well as knowledge of BI and planning tooling;
- Able to manage relationships at all levels of BU/regional management, corporate Finance departments, corporate IM (esp. Solution Architects and application managers), Global Business Services, etc;
- A drive for continuous improvement and strong change management capabilities;
- The strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work in international, multi-cultural and cross-functional teams, including fluent written and spoken English.