India, Maharashtra, Pune
Business unit: Finance, IM and GBS
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Purpose/Key Objectives of the Job
- Support and execute in an accurate and timely way the required ongoing, monthly, quarterly, and annual indirect tax related activities for the entities in the region
- Maintain and monitor the indirect tax compliance of the entities in the region
- Advise and support specialists and operations analysts related to indirect tax matters
- Support and execute in an accurate and timely way the required ongoing, monthly, quarterly, and annual indirect tax related activities for the entities VAT registered in the region.
- Manage AkzoNobel’s indirect tax compliance including the preparation and filing of indirect tax returns (including VAT/GST/sales tax returns and other local transactions related filings )
- Obtain monthly indirect tax reports from AkzoNobel’s accounting third party provider (or retrieve such reports from the ERP system) and execute the (locally) required quality checks and reconciliations
- Resolve any issues and/or variances identified in the quality and reconciliation process.
- Monitor compliance of indirect tax (e.g. 0% indirect tax, export documentation requirements)
- Manage Indirect Tax Audits
- Upon receipt of an audit notification advise management and ATD. Completing an audit will be a collaborate effort with RAC and ATD
- Provide data as requested by the auditor which includes a.o. sales and purchase information, copies of tax filing, charts of accounts and trial balances
- Collaborate with various departments to obtain the information needed to answer information data requests from the auditors
- Advisory role for the business operations included (CSD / purchasing advise on VAT / Sales tax subjects)
- Legislative Changes
- Advise and monitor indirect tax settings in the ERP systems due to changes in legislation.
- Monitor Indirect tax settings in the vendor,customer and material master data
- Review and communicate relevant tax law updates from third party sources to keep abreast of any changes that might impact AkzoNobel.
May 22, 2019
Finance, IM and GBS
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Indirect tax accounting professional with preferably 3-4 years of experience in an indirect tax accounting role, and capable of analyzing complex processes and issues
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Adequate knowledge in indirect tax matters and SAP
- Advance user of Microsoft Excel
- Autonomous in organizing responsibilities and work
- Ability to work under severe time pressure during peak filing periods and continuously retain ‘an eye’ for the details
- Adequate communication skills