United States, Texas, Houston
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including International, Interpon, Sikkens and Chemcraft – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. In North America, we’ve been producing innovative, high-performance coatings since 1888. Today, you can find AkzoNobel’s products supporting industries ranging from aerospace to consumer electronics, infrastructure, transportation, home décor, furniture and marine vessels. With a regional headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, AkzoNobel’s North America operation includes 3,500 employees at more than 30 manufacturing sites, technology labs and business offices. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
The purpose of this position is to tend to filling equipment, manually and via a computer interface, as well as blend and fill solid and liquid products such as paints, pigments and binders into containers. The position requires that you assemble, weigh, measure and/or count materials and containers to be used.
- Participate and contribute in Health & Safety, Security and Environmental activities (SAFE meetings, BBS observer, HS&E training, Near Miss & AIRI reporting, Housekeeping, 5S, Recycling, Waste Management, etc.) 15%
- Operates all NeuPak semi automatic filling machines and manual filling operations in the manufacturing department 60%
- Follow filling instructions via batch ticket. 10%
- Clean equipment and work area as assigned. 10%
- Other duties as assigned. 5%
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Basic computer skills.
·· Physical Requirements
Working conditions will consist of a paint factory environment that has the potential of exposure to hazardous chemicals, fumes or airborne particles, heat and noise (ranges 75db to 85db). The job entails intimate interaction with high speed, moving, heated and cooled equipment. Several pinchpoints exist. There is a high volume of start and stop forklift traffic. It is an indoor job in a semi-airconditioned building, largely protected from outside weather conditions. Physical requirements are standing for periods of time, sitting, working on a computer, walking, writing, kneeling, crouching and climbing stairs. The employee must have good hearing and good vision, including peripheral vision and depth perception, to determine proper fit and operation of parts and equipment and product cleanliness to eliminate sources of product contamination in the clean up process. The employee must also be able to perform the following tasks:
- Ability to work at ease from elevated platforms and access stairways.
- Occasionally lifting or moving objects up to 50 pounds or up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- The employee will regularly have to work around moving forklifts, coating factory equipment such as mixing equipment, pumps, filling equipment, etc.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as Lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, safety shoes, will be provided to the employee and will be mandatory to wear in accordance with the department PPE hazard assessment. The employee will be responsible for ensuring the PPE is in operating condition.
- Ability to recognize indicated temperature and pressure to maintain safe operations and protect personnel, equipment and products from harm.
- Ability to work safely and at ease while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment including: respiratory protection, gloves, safety shoes, hearing protection, aprons, face shields and etc.
Employee is expected perform these company success factors:
Focusing on our Customer’s Future First - - Delight Your Customer
Embracing Entrepreneurial Thinking - - Deliver Results
Developing Talents - - Develop Yourself
Courage and Curiosity to Question - - Dare To Improve
Integrity & Responsibility in our Actions - - Demonstrate Integrity
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer -Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans (M/F/D/V).