Poland, Mazovia Province, Warsaw
Business unit: Finance, IM and GBS
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Main purpose of the job is to manage the country tax position of the businesses and legal entities in that country, compliant with the law, and in accordance with AN’s business and tax principles, on the basis of a proper functioning tax control framework, in a cost-efficient way.
Key objectives of the job are:
- Work together in Global tax team to develop efficient solutions and tax strategies in general and with focus on the Poland.
- Operate as the in-country tax expert globally and support ATD colleagues with respect to local legislation.
- Manage local CIT process and review draft CIT return(s) and manage alignment between Tax Service Provider and Accounting Controller to finalize the return.
- Stay up to date on tax regulations and provide local tax advice to Accounting Controller, Business Navigators and other local stakeholders.
- Prepare, review and sign-off local VAT returns and where required align with outsourced service provider.
- Manage local withholding tax with respect to dividends, royalties, interest and global services.
- Manage local tax audits and enquiries from Tax authorities.
- Ensure local filing of transfer pricing documentation (if applicable) and CbCR notification.
- Assist in coordinating cost sharing documentation/segmentation sheets.
- Ensure preparation of “special/extra ordinary business event” local transfer pricing documentation.
- Determine initiatives to mitigate local risks or capture local opportunities.
- Review IFRS tax reporting in close cooperation with Accounting Controller / R2R or support Accounting Controller in such review, sign off current/deferred tax positions.
- Support Accounting Controller with Statutory Tax requirements
- Manage local taxes and optimize processes
- Support global (tax) projects to ensure local tax implications are properly considered
Results to be achieved:
- Ensure compliance with local law in all jurisdictions
- Optimize tax processes in line with local requirements
- Ensure a good relationship with local tax authorities
- Build a solid local finance network to ensure efficient tax processes
Level of autonomy:
The Country Tax Manager manages the AkzoNobel local tax position according to general guidelines and acts as the country tax expert. The Country Tax Manager represents the local legal entities towards the tax authorities. Many projects require cross functional alignment with high level of dependencies between Finance / IM and business operations.
September 30, 2019
Finance, IM and GBS
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Accounting professional with at least 5 years of experience in managing various tax processes.
- Fluent English, spoken and written.
- Excellent communication, networking and presentation skills.
- Commercial focus and balanced decision making.
- Financial statement analysis and assessment/judgement.
Recruitment code: 1-3