United States, Michigan, Troy
Business unit: Paints and Coatings
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
AkzoNobel Corporate - North America
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including International, Interpon, Sikkens and Chemcraft – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. In North America, we’ve been producing innovative, high-performance coatings since 1888. Today, you can find AkzoNobel’s products supporting industries ranging from aerospace to consumer electronics, infrastructure, transportation, home décor, furniture and marine vessels. With a regional headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, AkzoNobel’s North America operation includes 3,500 employees at more than 30 manufacturing sites, technology labs and business offices. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com
In North America, AkzoNobel provides performance coatings products to customers through four operating business units: Powder Coatings, Automotive & Special Coatings, Industrial Coatings and Marine, Protective & Yacht Coatings.
Automotive and Specialty Coatings: The BU works across four main segments of business: Vehicle Refinishes, Aerospace, Automotive and Consumer Electronics.
- Vehicle Refinishes business segment is well known in the market for brands including Sikkens, Lesonal and Wanda. With a focus on digital color, technology like Automatchic in MIXIT helps us to build and maintain partnerships across the industry. Our partnership with McLaren and their Formula One team is the perfect representation of a winning partnership enabled by our technical and color leadership.
- Automotive business segment supplies interior and exterior coatings as well as coatings for commercial vehicles and commercial transport. Our Premium OEM business works with some of the most famous names in the automotive industry, on some of the most advanced and exciting supercars.
Business Improvement Manager
Create, develop, and measure the impact of a replicable and structured Process Centered Environment Program. They will then train and develop Field Personnel to deliver the PCE Program to end users and distributors. In addition, he will provide support to our end user customers with the implementation of the PCE through onsite consultation and formal classroom and conference training.
- Environment with end-user body shops.
- Train, develop, and provide ongoing support to Field Staff (including Services Consultants, Technical Consultants and others as necessary) to provide the same structure and KPIs with end-users.
- Partner with the Distribution Services Manager to create, develop and create KPIs that measure the impact of creating a Process Centered Environment with Distributors.
- Train, develop, and provide ongoing support to Field Staff (including Services Consultants, Technical Consultants and others as necessary) to provide the same structure and KPIs with distributors.
- Collect, analyze and report out the appropriate data from KPI reports monthly.
- Provide ongoing monitoring, feedback, and coaching to staff implementing the PCE program to ensure consistent and quality delivery.
- Continue to provide PCE implementation support for strategic MSO accounts and initiatives.
- Create and update PCE tools to be used with end-users and distributors to support successful implementation.
- Engage in Continuous Improvement of all Services activities
- Oversee instruction of programs facilitated at DCR facility
December 31, 2099
Paints and Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Bachelor's degree in business, education, marketing or related field
- 5 years of hands-on collision repair work experience including functional experience in production management, technical repair, blueprinting and refinish operations.
- ASC and ICAR Demonstrated ability to implement process improvement methods in the collision repair business including the principles of 5s, continuous flow, pull production, and process quality and waste reduction.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Customer service orientation and leadership/influencing skills
- Navigates effectively in a changing environment where competing priorities require flexibility and agility
- Detail oriented, highly motivated, and likes to be challenged.
As a leading paints and coatings AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer -Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans (M/F/D/V).