United States, Ohio, Columbus
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Our Metal Coatings Business Unit is the leading supplier of coil and extrusion coatings used in metal construction, appliance and automotive components, and a major supplier of advanced packaging coatings and inks. Our Coil and Extrusion Coatings business occupies a number one global position and enjoys strong relationships with top tier customers. Our Packaging Coatings business also leads globally in coatings for the inside of beverage containers.
We are looking for individuals who can perform tasks as assigned in our paint plant production and/or warehouse environment. This is an hourly position in our union workforce that could be scheduled on any of our 3 shifts.
- Time management skills.
- Must pass company math test.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to wear of required safety equipment and protective clothing as required by law and/or corporate policy. This might include, but is not limited to: safety shoes, safety glasses, ear protection, vapor and particulate respirators and safety gloves.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to tolerate solvent smells and other chemicals used in the manufacturing/testing of our products
- Be able to move through various production areas, principally manufacturing areas/floors. This includes climbing stairs. Must be able to stay on feet for 8-12 hours each day
- Be capable of safely operating lift equipment (including fork trucks) to move containers and materials
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Measuring, weighing, and transporting materials with lift trucks and by hand to prepare for paint maker
- Following formula instructions to add, mix, process liquid and dry materials
- Drain, Empty, and weigh quantity of finished paint from processing tanks into containers (drums, 5 gallon pails, etc.) and label for shipment
- Any other tasks assigned
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer