Business unit: Finance, IM and GBS
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
The Functional Cost Analyst supports the senior controllers in a variety of activities such as periodic results analyses, budgeting & forecasting and developing driver- & activity based cost models which result in transparent and effective cost-allocation models world-wide across BU’s.
- Perform month end closing activities in line with IFRS and additional internal accounting policies, assuring accurate and timely recognition of costs together with the regional accounting centers, analyzing differences and translate these into risks and opportunities going forward.
- Prepare budgets and forecast together with all Functional stakeholders, you report back on financial performance compared to target based on (trend) analyses of key performance indicators, develop models to provide more accurate forecasts.
- Support in developing global cost allocation methods towards the different BU’s in the company, build models to support the allocation keys and create transparency for the BU’s in understanding their share in corporate cost.
- Assess strategic and operational initiatives on their added value by preparing business cases and track the performance of these initiatives in to actual financial results, for example on strategic topics like in- vs. outsourcing of activities.
- Contribute to the Global Functions control teams by supporting global transformations projects driven by Finance or the global function you are supporting.
December 31, 2019
Finance, IM and GBS
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Job Requirements- Master’s degree in Business Economics or an equivalent analytical study such as Mathematics, Physics ideally with RC or RA.
- Around 5 years of working experience, preferably in FP&A or controlling.
- Accurate, organized and disciplined in order to achieve high quality output and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent Excel skills, able to reduce complex and/or large volumes of data to a readable high level, SAP and HFM experience an advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including fluent written and spoken English.