Poland, Mazovia Province, Warsaw
Business unit: Finance, IM and GBS
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Responsible for executing a specific area of expertise in the I2C process ensuring that that specific area is delivering the maximum contribution to the overall I2C departmental targets which is to minimize credit risk exposure, minimize DSO, minimize overdue balances, minimize bad debt write off and maximize sales.
Key objectives of the job are:
- To manage the collection of country related trade receivables for the areas and companies assigned by I2C Management
- Set credit limits for customers, liaising with country Sales Management, Credit Control and other management as appropriate
- Drive the improvement in overdue debt and collection effectiveness for the countries and companies under your control.
- Manage legal collections, verify the prepared paperwork for liquidations and receiverships, liaising with external legal representatives as required.
- Provide qualitative information to management regarding overdue debt and other relevant Credit Control KPI’s.
- Drive the resolution of disputes and minimize the turn-around-time or manage according the SLA.
- Verify rebates and drive the payout execution within SLA.
- Ensure and monitor team's compliance with legislation and Global Credit Policy.
- Translate O2C strategy into constructive action on all levels of the business and within all departments.
- Act as a business partner for both internal and external stakeholders to ensure sound risk management as well as identify and action on opportunities to realize revenue growth.
- Daily progressing (legal) overdue trade receivables, outstanding disputes and verify and execute rebates.
- Setting credit limits in respect of local customers using Dun & Bradstreet, or equivalent, Credit Information system.
- Updating Credit management module/system in respect of known problems to provide information and guidance to Sales and Credit Control personnel in other AN offices/countries.
- Provide reliable and well documented risk advice to senior management and/or sales department based on accurate assessment and evaluation of all appropriate internal & external factors and objectives. Ensure that changes to credit limits comply with the global credit policy
- Participate in standard O2C reporting cycle and issue ad hoc reports on portfolio performance for analytical purposes and stakeholder sharing.
- Manage the disputes turn-around-time
- Production of monthly figures for the analysis of aged debt and monthly STOP lists.
- Advise MDM team of discovered (future) changes in customer master data.
December 31, 2019
Finance, IM and GBS
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- 2+ years finance experience.
- Experience with working in matrix organization.
- Working within a multicultural environment.
- Experience in AkzoNobel O2C tools (e.g. SAP, FSCM, MFGpro, EBS).
- Experience of working as business partner with management.
- Experience in execution of standard processes.
- Able to set priorities and work independently.
- Extended knowledge of order to cash end to end process and experience.
- Business knowledge.
- Language skills (English and Italian, German or French are essential).
- Experience in sales/customer focused commercial role.
- Minimum English and one other language spoken and written.
- Excellent communication, networking and presentation skills.
- Commercial focus and balanced decision making.
Recruitment code: 4