Netherlands, South Holland, Sassenheim
Business unit: Paints and Coatings
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
An important and wide-ranging role for an information specialist with an interest in research and development
AkzoNobel is a global leader in the area of Paints and Coatings. This success is based on the highest levels of research and innovation, combined with the highest possible standards of Product Safety/Regulatory Activities (PSRA).
Within this context your mission in this role is to support our R&D and PSRA functions in the operation of regulatory & registration management software. You will provide support to key- and end-users, and will support deployment and continuous improvement projects in data extraction, translation and load operations.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a proactive professional with an analytical mindset and problem solving attitude? Are you familiar with the concept of database design and maintenance? Are you accurate, with good planning and time management skills? Above all, are you eager to learn, grow and make a difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment? If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the role of
Functional Application Specialist
Role and responsibilities
This position is based at our large site in Sassenheim, the Netherlands, where you will provide advice and data analysis to the global R&D community by:
- Delivering expert support in their usage of information systems;
- Collaborating with partners in their data and analytical needs;
- Delivering informatics advice, extracting relevant data, translation operations and data validation and load (ETL);
- Identifying and resolving issues due to the changing business environment. You will raise those issues to the attention of the management of your department.
In terms of project management, you will:
- Support projects which look to change, introduce or remove information systems / processes from our platform;
- Deliver work plans in corporation with different stakeholders, in which you focus on the department’s tasks and provide estimates on times and required resources;
- Report on project results and presentations.
You will also contribute to the preparation of procedural guidance, training material and courses. At all times you ensure the integrity and availability of data and systems and make sure to highlight potential issues and their solutions in a timely manner.
October 16, 2019
Paints and Coatings
Research, Development & Innovation
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
To apply for this position you must possess all of the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical subject;
- At least two years’ experience of working in a data intensive environment combined with a genuine interest in research and development;
- Excellent insights in numbers and (numerical) data;
- Good understanding of MS Office, especially Excel and Access;
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and influencing skills, combined with fluency in both spoken and written English.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary, you can expect excellent terms of employment. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via our website www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 190003V2. Please note that applications sent by mail will not be considered. If you have any question, please feel free to contact Merith de Bock, Talent Acquisition Partner, +31 (0)88 010 6789, option 2.
An employment screening will be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated