United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Business unit: Finance, IM and GBS
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Automotive business segment supplies interior and exterior coatings as well as coatings for commercial vehicles and commercial transport. Our Premium OEM business works with some of the most famous names in the automotive industry, on some of the most advanced and exciting supercars.
The Regional Controller is the end responsible finance role within the local organization and acts as a senior business partner towards the Regional Director and Management team to drive business and financial objectives, interacting daily with the local team. Co-formulate a winning strategy, challenge, negotiate and translate into meaningful financial outcome (5 years) that meet profitability (ROS 15 by 20) and OCF. Translate 5-year strategy into regional / MSU operating plan, yearly budget, QRF.
It is a Key transitional role with the change of role with FP&A carved out towards regional FP&A centers will bring complexity during transitional period.
- Portfolio management / Hardball process – how to play against competition to win, support complexity reduction, align external business developments with own business plan.
- Key driver and linking point for all M&A activities (pipeline priority setting, business case, create synergy, write AR, coordinate approval process, Due Diligence, Integration).
- Validates and challenges business cases (for NPI’s, restructuring, investments etc) in close cooperation with sales, marketing, FP&A, ISC, accounting, Tax, Treasury and other stakeholders inside and outside the MSU. Where required, do adequate stakeholder management to get the correct approvals for economically attractive business cases.
- Drive monthly performance against target and strategy and take pro-active measure, if required. Challenge assumptions and performance against market conditions. Formulate and actively drive OPI growth, risks and opportunities and closing the gap actions highlighted in the IBP cycle.
Overall responsible for the Regional Profit and Loss and OCF delivery (including OWC):
- Understand all parts of the P&L including parts managed by other financial managers (eg cogs).
- Ensure channel profitability (SSO, LSO, Modern trade, project segment) through pricing and mix, rebates as well as (I)KAM support & contract negotiation/compliance support.
- Identify leakages in revenue, CM and cost, pro-actively comes with proposals to solve
- Actively challenge Pricing/Revenue Management and lead Cost control initiatives in-order to improve margins in light of (raw material) cost and developments as well as market position.
- Drive Productivity, Opex management.
- Benchmark and challenge performance versus competition and/or other MSUs
IBP Role, specifically:
1. Chairs IR review meeting in case there is a regional IR review
2. Active role in DMR and monetizes DMR
3. Active role in PMR when applicable and monetizes PMR
4. Owns’ the financial projection and analysis
5. Champions one set of numbers
6. Evaluates and critiques the gap closing actions.
7. Advices on content and agenda for MBR
Statutory & Compliance role (applicable for joint venture and publicly listed company):
- Where applicable, Responsible for legal entity in all statutory and accounting matters, ensuring compliance to Memorandum of Understanding and Articles of Association and local Companies Act.
- Custodian role - For joint ventures, act for AkzoNobel interest. Maybe called upon to be Board of Director where local residency required by local law.
- Gate Keeper for Tax Compliance (e.g. Condor and some Permanent Establishment)
Connect regularly with RAC to ensure business decisions and events are properly recorded in the financial statements and forecasts, while understanding the opportunities and risks that could occur from the B/S.
December 31, 2099
Finance, IM and GBS
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- University degree in Finance or Accounting and preferably an Executive Master of Finance and Control (Registered Controller) or CMA or CIMA
- At least 7+ years of relevant work experience in Finance and Control
- Business partner skills and result oriented, in addition has a practical understanding of ERP and Finance systems
- Has a stable view and has strengths to challenge local MT members in order to achieve financial targets on short as well as on longer term
- Excellent analytical skills and able to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to see the big picture and interest to dive into details when needed
- Strong people management and interpersonal and communication skills, ability to drive (cultural and organizational) change across different finance pillars
- Strong personality, ability to challenge senior management also on tactical decision preparation
- Excellent knowledge of the local language, both written and spoken. English is a must
- Working knowledge of systems (SAP, Hyperion)
- Preference for experience in Six Sigma or Lean
As a leading paints and coatings company, AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans (M/F/D/V)