Australia, Melbourne, Victoria, Sunshine
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
We are currently seeking a motivated and appropriately experienced Maintenance Engineer for our Sunshine site. The role incumbent will report to our Engineering Manager and will have the responsibility to manage a Maintenance Planner and a team of Fitters.
In this role, the successful candidate will undertake a wide variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Ensure all maintenance work is prioritised and completed in a timely manner
- Maintain programs so that all plant equipment is maintained in a reliable and safe condition
- Ensure plant reliability/availability through implementation and utilisation of preventive maintenance and breakdown maintenance programs.
- Ensure that the appropriate contractors are identified and assigned, based on the priority and urgency of tasks
- Ensure that the level of maintenance spare parts inventory meets the required levels and budgetary requirements to maximise plant on line availability
- Support the Maintenance function to implement the relevant Process Safety Management (PSM) building blocks
- Ensure compliance on Site Management of Change (MoC) system and provide engineering support in Hazard Studies in areas of responsibility.
February 10, 2019
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong safety focus
- Be driven and results orientated
- Be teamwork focused
- Be able to work effectively in a high-pressure environment
- Be a continuous learner who embraces and promotes change
- Have excellent planning and organisation skills
- Have strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Previous experience with MEX, SAP or any ERP Maintenance Planning systems
*Must be qualified with a Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Applications including details of relevant qualification and experience should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday, 8 February 2019.