Australia, Melbourne, Sunshine
Business unit: Manufacturing
AkzoNobel is a global leader in the manufacture of Paints and Coatings in more than 90 countries across the world. Our plant in Melbourne’s western suburbs is seeking a highly driven candidate to join the Integrated Supply Chain team as a Shift Supervisor within the Paint Plant.
We strive to become leaders in operational excellence and this position will join the current Paint Plant team to ensure products are manufactured safely, right first time and with the lowest manufacturing cost in optimum throughput time to meet customer demand.
This is a 6 months contract role.
- Lead and manage the Paint Plant activities to meet production schedule while ensuring highest standards of safety & quality are maintained
- Be an active member of the team, leading improvement initiatives to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations
- Be actively involved in supporting maintenance activities to ensure the maintenance task are completed safely and in a timely manner
- Ensure high level of 5S is maintained in all areas of the plant
- Establish & implement effective training programs for all subordinates
- Ensure all relevant quality procedures are adhered to and complete root cause analysis to implement improvement opportunities
September 13, 2019
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Relevant Bachelor degree (i.e. BSc in Chemistry/Applied Chemistry/Chemical Engineering) is required. Experience in surface coatings & / or a related chemical industry (manufacturing) would be a distinct advantage. Sound communication and analytical problem-solving skills are a prerequisite. Competence on SAP is preferred. Candidate should be proficient in the use of the various MS Office packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
This role will suit someone who is self-driven and able to work autonomously as well as part of a team. This role will need someone who is resilient and has excellent leadership skills with a continuous improvement mindset and a passion for leadership.
Interested applicants, kindly send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating "Job Title_Your Name" at the subject header. Shortlisted applicants will be notified.