United States, Ohio,
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com
- The Lab Technician I reports directly to the Quality Manager and interfaces with all levels of the Huron Ohio Manufacturing site along with minimal contact with outside vendors/customers and AkzoNobel Customer Service as applicable.
Learns how to use all the testing equipment in the lab.
Performs the proper test on raw materials, in process and finished goods to verify they meet the required specification (as applicable).
Documentation of testing results in SAP/Access databases.
Coordinates the finished goods sample retains are collected and stored properly.
Creation of certificates of analysis which are provided to customers.
Maintains quality records in a centralized filing system.
Appropriately maintains testing standards.
• Calibration of Laboratory Equipment
Assures laboratory equipment is calibrated before using it. Takes actions if equipment falls outside of calibration ranges/date of calibration.
Participates in GR&R studies on equipment and can interpret the results.
• Non-Conforming Product
Reports and assists production with internal non conformances investigation.
Provides adjustments to formulas (within applicable guidelines) to facilitate right first time of products.
Participates in high right first time failures analysis studies to help purpose the changes needed to make the product right first time.
Participates in the reworking of products that are either out of spec and/or out of warranty to re-claim them as good products.
• Housekeeping and 5S
Maintains appropriate levels of housekeeping and 5-S organization in the lab to assure accurate testing and a safe work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities Related to Hazardous Waste Management
• Responsible for the proper collection of hazardous waste.
• Responsible for the proper marking, labelling and closure of hazardous waste containers.
• Responsible for immediately contacting the Emergency Coordinator in the event of discovering or causing a leak or spill.
Duties and Responsibilities Related to Process Safety Management (PSM)
• Responsible for following all PSM related policies, procedures and work instructions.
• Responsible for following all Emergency Action Plans.
• Responsible for participation in process and batch improvement activities.
• Responsible for participation in Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) determination and completion.
• Responsible for participation in Management of Change (MOC), Incident Investigation, Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR) and other safety related committees and teams.
Requirements for Job (education or experience required to be able to perform this job):
• Minimum high school diploma or general education degree: Prefer 1-2 year related education/degree.
• 1 – 3 years’ experience in a quality control laboratory testing materials.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts including proportions, percentages, fractions and volumes.
• Knowledge if MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Working knowledge laboratory equipment, calibration and good laboratory practices.