United States, Illinois,
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com
To ready orders for shipment according to proper procedure and customer specifications.
- Receives packing orders and packs product by ensuring the correct packing configuration, correct labels, correct documentation, and correct container/carton have been applied/used per customer specifications.
- Verify product specifications match customers request on can and box label, including, revisions, date of manufacture, date of expiration and storage temp. Mark and label hazardous material boxes per the regulations of DOT, IATA and IMDG.
- Record packing logs for number of orders and box counts, record weights and total liter volume on Delivery Orders
- Assist in the operation of the case packer by loading gallon cans on the conveyor, labeling boxes, packing quarts cans or stacking boxes to achieve the Standard run rates.
- Reports any discrepancies to supervisor.
- Follows all best practices of Safety and Yoshi.
- May also use hand-powered trucks or similar powered vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. High school graduate or equivalent
2. Detail oriented
3. Work involves standing or walking most of shift
4. Ability to lift 55 lbs.; ability to push/pull 55-gallon drums weighing up to 600 lbs
5. Capable of wearing breathing apparatus (respirator)
6. Manual dexterity required
PROBLEM SOLVING AND ANALYSIS:
• Data discrepancies
• Pack and label different batch numbers on an order
• Identify quality discrepancies (i.e. dented cans, paint in chime)
• Able to solve piece count discrepancies with shipping operator
• Understands and applies the chain of escalation