AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com
An interesting opportunity for a compensation & benefits expert within a leading global company
AkzoNobel is looking for Total Rewards Specialist to join the Rewards team in the Netherlands / North West Europe, which operates closely with AkzoNobel’s global Center of Expertise Rewards. The CoE Rewards is a crucial function within HR, responsible for designing rewards policies and programs that help our company to attract, engage and retain the right people with the right behaviors to drive growth and long-term value creation.
As the Rewards Specialist you will primarily be contributing to the implementation, execution, communication and monitoring of the AkzoNobel rewards strategy and related activities.
The core of your role will involve providing rewards expertise for the Dutch organization. Subjects like benchmarking and job evaluation queries as well as questions related to the Dutch labor, social security- and wage tax law will be part your job. In addition you will be(come) the primary focal point for the Dutch pension plan related questions and will support in, implementation of compensation and incentives schemes, rewards projects like the annual salary review, delivery of policy/process development .
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a proactive and results-focused professional with proven experience in this field and ready for the next step in a challenging environment? If so, we invite you to apply for the position of
Rewards Specialist Netherlands
The role and its responsibilities
This position reports into the Regional Rewards Manager of NW Europe and is located at our offices in Arnhem or Sassenheim, the Netherlands, but will also offer the flexibility to occasionally work from other office locations in the Netherlands.
As the Rewards Specialist you will:
• Consultation, Analysis and Decision Making: Provide specialist level consulting and analyzing on Dutch related total rewards topics to HR and line management. Provide recommendations that balance fairness and equity with cost effectiveness for Akzo Nobel. Also ensure that compensation and benefit policies are properly understood and consistently applied.
• Base Pay Management: Conduct job analysis and evaluations, assess internal and external comparisons, create competitive market zones, advocate wage and hour requirement and make salary bands. Help to define comparator groups: conduct and participate in external salary surveys and internal equity reviews on an-ongoing basis. Oversee job evaluation process to ensure consistency and integrity, provide guidance in writing job profiles.
• Support the annual compensation process including liaising with People Services
• Provide expertise with regards to the AkzoNobel Dutch pension plan and have the willingness to further develop your pension knowledge; over time, you will become the focal point for all matters concerning the Dutch pension plan.
• Work with external vendors and brokers assisting in managing the local employee benefit plans.
• Drive reward related projects and initiatives and liaise with stakeholders including management, global and local HR, Finance, Talent Resourcing and People Services.
• Support the Regional Rewards Manager with preparations for Collective Labor Agreement negotiations and Works Councils in the Netherlands
To apply for this position, you must possess all the following attributes:
• University degree in (tax) law and min 5+ years of experience, preferably in a Dutch multinational HQ environment;
• Solid knowledge of compensation and benefits, including knowledge and experience in the area of job evaluation, benchmarking and data analyses;
• Good understanding of Dutch labor law, social security, wage tax and pensions schemes;
• In-depth analytical and decision-making skills allied with sound business acumen;
• Strong Excel skills including;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills including a high level of written and spoken Dutch and English.
For further information, please contact Denise de Bock Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)88 010 6789 #2. We welcome your online application via the vacancy section at www.akzonobel.nl/careers. A pre-employment screening may form part of the application procedure.