Update April 17, 2020:
Virtual attendance and voting
Considering recent developments surrounding COVID-19 in the Netherlands and the emergency law regarding Annual General Meetings of Shareholders, which has been passed by the House of Representatives on April 16, 2020, the Board of Management has decided to hold this year’s Annual General Meeting virtually and to provide the opportunity for shareholders to attend and vote virtually. The meeting will be held in English. No physical meeting will be held.
The deadline for registration to attend and vote virtually at this Annual General Meeting of Shareholders is extended until 6:00 p.m. (CET) on Tuesday, April 22.
To ensure as much interaction as possible, shareholders are invited to submit questions regarding the agenda items in advance, and ultimately by 6:00 p.m. (CET) on Wednesday, April 22, by sending an email to email@example.com. Our aim is to answer during the meeting all questions submitted in advance.
Shareholders who submitted questions in advance, may also submit follow-up questions during the meeting by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The aim will be to answer follow-up questions during the AGM as the agenda allows. Alternatively, questions and answers will be published on our website after the meeting.
Voting by proxy
All shareholders can vote by proxy, via (among others), www.abnamro.com/evoting (as described in more detail in the AGM 2020 Notice). The meeting will be webcast live via our corporate website, as usual.
Given the circumstances, AkzoNobel strongly encourages its shareholders to exercise their voting rights via proxy or to attend and vote virtually. The deadline for voting by proxy is also extended until 6:00 p.m. (CEST) on Tuesday, April 22.
More details about how to attend and vote virtually can be found in the AGM 2020 Notice. AkzoNobel’s Hybrid Meeting Terms (which can be found here) apply to shareholders who wish to participate in the meeting via the online platform.
An overview of the minimum requirements for devices and systems necessary for virtual participation can be found in the AkzoNobel Hybrid Meeting Manual & FAQ issued on our website.
As the situation continues to evolve, we are constantly adapting our actions. Any updates regarding this meeting will be published on this website. Please make sure to check the website for any updates or changes.
- Webcast AGM 2020
- Voting results
- Final dividend announcement 2019
- AkzoNobel responses to questions VEB relating to 2020
- Response to VBDO questions answered during AGM
- Response to Eumedion questions answered during AGM
- Response to VEB questions answered during AGM
- AGM 2020 Agenda with notes [EN] [NL] (updated)
- AGM 2020 Notice [EN] [NL] (updated)
- Hybrid Meeting Terms AkzoNobel
- AkzoNobel Hybrid Meeting Manual & FAQ
- 2019 AkzoNobel Report including Financial Statements 2019 and Remuneration Report
- Re-appointment to the Supervisory Board
- Amendment Remuneration Policy for the Board of Management
- Amendment Remuneration Policy for the Supervisory Board
- Amendment to the Articles of Association of Akzo Nobel N.V. [EN] [NL]
- Interim Dividend Announcement (2019)
- Draft minutes AGM April 2020
On March 26, 2020 the number of AkzoNobel common shares issued amounted to 199,884,369 of which 8,091,991 were held in treasury. The total number of voting rights attached to the common shares was 191,792,378. Each common share carries one vote, common shares held in treasury cannot be voted on.
The 48 priority shares issued carry 38,400 votes.