How to apply
- Visit the AkzoNobel Vacancy Bank webpage and search for opportunities near you.
- Complete an online application by entering information about your career history and upload your CV. Please state that your current or most recent employer is/was BHS in the section of the application form where you fill in your previous experience.
- Complete online questionnaire as part of your application. This is a short questionnaire which will tell us a bit about your approach to certain situations common to a retail environment before we meet you in person for your interview.
- Once you have completed your application, a manager from Dulux Decorator Centres or one of our Talent & Resourcing team members will be in touch to set up a convenient time for your interview.
- After the application process, no matter what the outcome, a manager from Dulux Decorator Centres or a member of our Talent & Resourcing team will provide you with feedback on your application.
What are we looking for
For us it is hugely important that our customers get a positive impression from every contact, so we are looking for people who are good team players and can build customer relationships fast.We would like someone who is:
- Good with people so they can sell all our products to our customers and help them do a great decorating job
- Friendly and approachable
- A quick learner – to pick up information on our products
- Able to bring fresh ideas to the team to improve the way we work and deliver brilliant customer service
- A great team player
Top tips for interview preparation
- Do some research on Dulux Decorator Centres and AkzoNobel so you know about what they do
- Read about the company values and think about how these apply to you and the way you work
- Go into your local store and get a feel for the products and local environment
- Check out some of our competitors and see how their stores are different to ours
- Think about times when you have demonstrated certain skills or behaviors that we might be looking for to help you answer the interview questions
- Most importantly, relax and be yourself