Responsible Care is our commitment to sustainability: the chemical industry’s global voluntary initiative by which companies, through national associations, work together to continuously improve their health, safety and environmental performance and to communicate with stakeholders about their products and processes.
The Responsible Care ethic helps chemical companies to operate safely, profitably and with due care for future generations. Responsible Care is a protected trademark which in Europe is owned by Cefic, the Brussels based European Chemical Industry Council representing the European chemical industry. The use of the trademark is reserved to Responsible Care companies and associations.
Responsible Care commits AkzoNobel Industrial Chemicals to work together with other companies and national associations to :
• Continuously improve the environmental, health and safety knowledge and performance of our technologies, processes and products over their life cycles so as to avoid harm to people and the environment
• Use resources efficiently and minimize waste
• Report openly on performance, achievements and shortcomings
• Listen, engage and work with people to understand and address their concerns and expectations.
• Cooperate with governments and organizations in the development and implementation of effective regulations and standards, and to meet or go beyond them
• Provide help and advice to foster the responsible management of chemicals by all those who manage and use them along the product chain
For more information: http://www.cefic.org/en/Responsible-care.html