New Zealand, Auckland, Avondale
Business unit: Industrial Coatings
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Service Representative based at our Avondale site (New Zealand) to join the Industrial Coatings Business Unit who are expanding the current product and service offer.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, this role is primarily responsible for providing technical support and training on the use and application of AkzoNobel Industrial Coatings products, services, equipment and documentation. The incumbent will be pivotal to the implementation of the new Industrial Coatings products and services to the business in NZ.
The key aspects of the role include but are not limited to:
- Conducting application line trials, in conjunction with customer, to evaluate product performance in customer plants
- Delivering training to customers on the use and application of the company products
- Conducting demonstrations and undertaking technical problem solving to the customers
- Performing technical scans and audits
- Actively participating in key phases of the sales process and sales strategy
- Proactively preventing and solving problems of a technical nature
- Conducting and/or assisting in the testing process
- Maintaining CRM with own activity
- Cooperating with the technical department
- Maintaining allocated technical company equipment
- Delivering periodical progress reports, proactively submitting market information and providing recommendations
- Promoting the positive company image and developing long-term relations with customers.
February 28, 2019
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Suitable candidates will meet the following criteria and possess the following attributes:
- Have experience in paint or related industries, preferably B to B
- Successful customer facing experience and ability to create and maintain customer relationships
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Proven reporting skills
- Autonomous and self motivated
- Project management experience involving stakeholder management and communication skills
- Tolerate regular metropolitan travels and occasional interstate travel
The successful applicant should also be in a position to accept a potential 3 to 6 months training in Melbourne at commencement of the role.