Business unit: RD Technical
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect.
- Establishing the impact on Performance Coatings SMUs of food contact legislative changes using PV and support PSRA team leaders in communicating legal requirements.
- Produce food contact, compositional, allergen, animal origin, REACH, SVHC regulatory compliance statements.
- Question validity and accuracy of data and seek advice to maintain raw material/substance properties in PV.
- Respond to internal customers and resolve raw material and/or product issues accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate external certification work, organizing the coating of the panels, supplying the formulation, covering letter etc.
- Review/validate product external certification reports and transfer this information into PV.
- Contribute to cross functional project teams as required
- Maintain working knowledge of relevant food contact regulations in Asia, REACH (EC No. 1907/2006) & Classification, Labelling & Packaging (EC No. 1272/2008) & regulations.
- Provide guidance to assure compliance for AkzoNobel raw materials and products.
- Communicate effectively both internally (other departments) and externally (Customers, regulators, suppliers, trade associations) using CRM request tool/ PSRA request tool.
- Develop a good understanding of customer needs and relevant regulatory topics affecting the business
- Assist translation of complex regulatory requirements to practical implications for the business.
- Establishing the impact on classification changes to products and communicating to the business. Identify potential non-compliances and areas of risk to the business.
- Manage small internal projects.
- Participate in external association meetings for advocacy and lobbying.
- Identify and contribute to the development and continuous improvement of standard procedures (eg SOPs, ISO procedures).
- Support ICO business on product SDS and label creation and transportation classification.
- Provide support to the team by:
- Proactively supporting other team members in order to develop their skills and knowledge
- Highlight and discuss changes to support the success of the team
- Support the creation of a high performing team.
February 28, 2019
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- University Degree or equivalent in Scientific discipline
- Organized and a strong attention to detail
- Fluent written and verbal English, fluent in local language(s)
- Good interpersonal skills, working well as part of a team
- Ability to understand and interpret complex information and make informed decisions based on that material
- Ability to produce clear and comprehensive reports and make recommendations using the available data
- min 3 years relevant experience
- Background in product regulations, hazard communication and product stewardship
- Experience of working in an industrial environment
- Experience of working within the framework of a quality management system (eg ISO 9001:2008)
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office
- Experience working with ProductVision software.
- Good understanding of applicable Chemical/Product Regulations
- An inquisitive nature and commitment to understanding the needs of SMUs and customers
Interested applicants, kindly send in your CV to TalentResourcing.SG@akzonobel.com, indicating "Job Title_Your Name" at the subject header. Shortlisted applicants will be notified.