Australia, Melbourne, Victoria, Sunshine
Business unit: RD Technical
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced R&D Chemist to join our business. Based at our Sunshine site, as a member of the Wood Coatings Research & Development Team, your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:Research & Develop new product improvement and develop competitive products
- Demonstrate cost reduction by preparing samples and performing physical testing, in accordance with standard test methods to meet customer specifications
- Managing and planning project activities under guidance of the Development Manager
- Supervise factory manufacture process of new products from lab to scale up to eliminate potential sources of error and enhance efficiency of manufacture operations.
- Provide technical support to customers and report on findings
- Writing project reports for internal or external submission and liaising with international labs
- Complying with site safety requirements by following health and safety standards and guidelines
February 28, 2019
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
To be a successful candidate you will have:
- Formal degree in Chemistry or related discipline
- Familiarity with a laboratory environment
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in Coatings/Chemistry/Engineering industry
- SCAA qualification preferable but not essential
Applications including details of relevant qualification and experience should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday, 8 February 2019.