Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com
Bring your Supply Chain Planning expertise to AkzoNobel Decorative Paints
In the past four years, we reallocated the Supply Chain Planning of various Decorative Paints plants in Europe & Africa to Sassenheim, The Netherlands. In our Supply Chain Planning center, which consists of more than 40 higher educated Supply Chain Planners from more than 15 different nationalities, we develop and implement leading best practices in Supply Chain Planning. Our way of working has proven to significantly increase service levels and decrease inventory for our Decorative Paints business.
We are passionate to serve our customers’ needs, to closely collaborate with our stakeholders and to expand our Supply Chain Planning knowledge. We are looking forward to welcome new Supply Chain Planners who share our passion for Supply Chain Planning excellence.
Purpose of the role
• Create the material plan and ensure timely delivery of this plan for the relevant scope of materials (i.e. raw materials, packaging materials, 3rd party and/or trading goods)
• Ensure that the material plan is optimizing SC costs and inventory levels in line with targets set and agreements made
- Manage the end-to-end supply of the relevant scope of materials (i.e. raw materials, packaging materials, 3rd party and/or trading goods) to ensure material availability matching the demand. This includes a.o. creating the plan, chasing past due orders, ensuring confirmation of purchase orders.
- Responsible for the creation of the material plan and ensuring timely delivery of this plan for the relevant scope of materials.
- Work together with Production Planning to ensure that raw and packaging materials are available before the start of planned production.
- Ensure that the material plan is in line with targets (f.e. inventory targets) as well as taking into account operational constraints, and take action if this is not the case.
- Coordinate and support in allocation of materials across sites in case of limited material availability.
- Provide impact analysis when needed to show the impact of decisions or scenarios to the plan, and propose gap closing actions.
- Actively participate in other management processes, and work together with relevant stakeholders.
- Lead and/or contribute to supply planning related projects.
- Continuously improve processes, reporting and tools in order to improve performance.
- Maintain and improve master data parameters and/or other relevant settings and parameters to improve the quality of the plan.
- Bachelor degree in a related area (Supply Chain, Logistics, Business) with >3 years of relevant working experience
- Master degree in a related area (Supply Chain, Logistics, Business)
- Good communication skills, which enable to understand and strengthen the interfaces with stakeholders
- Building relationships with stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization
- Thinking in possibilities, able to handle stress well
- Analytical, and being able to turn this data into information
- Problem solving skills, ability to react to changes and change priorities if needed
- Striving for improvement
- Focused on processes
- Fluency in English, other European languages are an advantage
Please apply online only. As part of your application, please supply: CV and motivation letter.
We offer a one year contract at first, and then a permanent contract.
If you would like to receive additional information, please contact Jan-Kees Stout, Senior Talent Resourcing Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org