1. 2015-2017 data includes discontinued operations
2. CoC = Code of Conduct
3. SSBS = Supplier Sustainability Balanced Scorecard. Baseline is 2018 (new KPI).
4. Includes TfS shared assessments, cumulative.
5. Third party on-site sustainability audits. Includes TfS shared audits, cumulative. Includes re-auditing sites in high risk regions. No separate data available for previous years due to chemicals divestment.
6. NPR = Non-product related
7. Definition change 2016
8. We operate in some countries where the right to exercise freedom of association and collective bargaining may be at risk. We ensure that systems are in place for employee involvement/ engagement in line with company values and HR policies, for example by inclusion in the Code of Conduct.
9. We have restated our 2018 Scope 1 emissions due to a temporary database outage in the prior year leading to misstated values.
10. We have restated 2018-2019 Scope 3 downstream and upstream due to improvement of methodology by better incorporating raw material formulation.
11. The 2020 increase is mainly due to the 2020 Performance Incentive Plan payment. Without this one-off special payment the ratio would have been 62.3. The 2021 CEO pay ratio seems to be higher due to the reappointment grant of 17,500 shares and a lower average salary per employee. Without the reappointment grant, the ratio would be 82.4.
13. In 2020 we changed the definition of our high potential turnover as follows: High performers (scoring a 4 or 5 in their P&DD for the past 2 years) who leave the organisation voluntarily or as part of a redundancy.
14. This % covers manufacturing sites under Global group certification. Some sites are certified against local standards and are not covered in the group certificate
15. & 16. As of 2021, we report on sustainable solutions instead of eco-premium solutions. The reporting period for both eco-premium as well as sustainable solutions is November-October.
17. Percentage of women at executive level, a pay grade level at AkzoNobel, which excludes the Executive Committee.
18. Versus baseline 2018.
19. This includes: Upstream Category 1 (purchased goods and services including packaging), Downstream: Category 10 - processing of sold products; Category 11 - use of sold products; Category 12 - end-of-life treatment of sold products and VOC emissions in processing/use
20. 2021 number includes a baseline shift of 199 TJ, or 3.5%, due to central procurement of electricity, elevating part of the stores organization above the materiality level.
21. We use the reporting period of 1 October to 30 September for Scope 3 carbon footprint as the calculations are based on multiple data sources which requires more time to prepare, review and audit.