The next coming Community Forum #6 is scheduled for 6:15 PM on Tuesday, 31st May 2022. Pending any further COVID-19 or other surprises, this Forum will be held in person at St. Albans Community Centre, 33 Princess Street, St Albans. Flyers (in English and Vietnamese) will be distributed to local residents and we’ll be placing ads in the local newspaper.
Please kindly RSVP by 30th May 2022 via: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WPGBN23 or by phone: 0432 218 681
Please note that COVID-19 restrictions may apply and if so, all attendees will be required to comply.
AkzoNobel and EPA Victoria hosted various community forums on 4 March, 31 March, 15 July, 26 October, 2021 and 16 February 2022, to address concerns about odour and noise. The forums have been an opportunity to provide updates on the company’s plans and actions being taken to resolve the concerns and for the community to raise points and have their questions addressed.
Speakers of the forums have included:
- Peter Black (Site Manager, AkzoNobel Sunshine North)
- Dr Cameron McNaughton (Principal Air Quality Consultant, Golder Associates P/L)
- William Dalmau (Senior Acoustic Consultant, JTA)
- Matthew Lakey (Managing Director, ETS Emission Treatment Solutions)
- Stephen Lansdell (Western Metropolitan Regional Manager, EPA Victoria)
- Sam Sparks (Senior Environment Protection Officer)
- Jason Issa (Project Officer, Environmental Public Health Unit)
- Scott Thomson, Independent Facilitator
Recordings of all sessions, along with presentations, are available to download below.
We are grateful to community members who have taken the time to join these sessions.
We are committed to providing further updates on these issues and will post details of forthcoming forums on this page.